Pepsi's new packaging design is an obvious attempt to board the newest packaging trend: making bold statements with simple illustrations, vibrant colors, subtle wittiness and timelessness. but it failed horribly, why?

sierra mist: it is straight up tackiness. a misty-looking, oversized, verdana-fonted, "MIST". the background image is not at all convincing. this is the worst of the worse, in my opinion.Mtn dew: i hate short-handedness! this is quite personal, but i rarely type shorthands even on text messages. maybe tomorrow can be tom, and message can be msg but a mountain cannot be mtn! i'm not buying it!
oh pepsi, i'm just not feeling your gradience, nor the newly simplified logo and text. ;(
FAILED.
but either or, i don't like you anyway,
I am a Coke addict.
I am a Coke addict.

gatorade, I like it! design aligns with product's mission. how motivating!


1 comment:
i like the new pepsi design,
clean cut font,
minimalistic design,
plus they rid of the ugly desktop wallpaper blue they usually had.
less is more, no?
Post a Comment